ST. GEORGE — When a meat cooler caught fire, customers and employees were evacuated from a Lin’s Fresh Market grocery store in Hurricane.
Hurricane Valley Fire District crews were dispatched to a Lin’s Fresh Market grocery store after a meat cooler caught fire, Hurricane, Utah, Nov. 16, 2023 | Photo courtesy of the Hurricane Valley Fire District, St. George News
Hurricane Valley Fire District crews were dispatched to a water flow alarm connected to the store’s sprinkler system at approximately 7:54 p.m., Fire Captain Tyler Ames told St. George News. A meat cooler near the back of the building had caught fire.
Because the store was open when the fire started, firefighters evacuated 30-40 customers and employees with the Hurricane City Police Department’s assistance, Ames said. No injuries were reported.
“The sprinkler system inside the building did its job and put most of the fire out,” he said. “Our crews are able to come in and verify that the fire was out and that it did not extend to any other parts of the building.”
Two engines, one ladder truck, an ambulance and a battalion chief responded to the incident. The blaze caused an estimated $10,000 in damages to the building and lost or damaged products.
This report is based on statements from police or other responders and may not contain the full scope of findings.
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2023, all rights reserved.