ST. GEORGE — A fire at a home in Hurricane just after midnight Wednesday brought out firefighters from three agencies.

Burn marks on wall show some of the aftermath following a fire at a home on 975 North, Hurricane, Utah, Dec. 13, 2023 | Photo courtesy of Hurricane Valley Fire & Rescue, St. George News

Authorities said the fire at the home on 975 North near the American Legion Sports Complex started in a chicken coop around 12:28 a.m. and extended to the home.

Quick response and quick work limited the fire to one home and stopped it from spreading to other nearby homes, according to a statement posted on Facebook, Hurricane Valley Fire & Rescue

“The first engine arrived on scene within six minutes and reported heavy involvement on the side of the home. The fire had also extended into the attic,” the statement reads. “Crews were able to verify that no occupants were inside the home. The fire was quickly extinguished.”

Hurricane firefighters were joined in the effort by fire crews from Washington City and Hildale/Colorado City. Hurricane Police assisted.

The first thing firefighters said they did was verify no occupants were in the home. Two individuals were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, and no firefighters were injured. 

Photo Gallery

Copyright St. George News, LLC, 2023, all rights reserved.