HURRICANE — A noontime fire burned the bedroom of a manufactured home in Hurricane and drew a multi-agency response from firefighters.

Firefighters at scene of house fire, Hurricane, Utah, Nov. 3, 2023 | Photo by Chris Reed, St. George News

The blaze was first reported around 11:23 a.m. Friday on the 3800 block of 150 North. Half the residential block of mostly manufactured homes was blocked off. At least one resident coming home to the area during the lunch hour was stopped by Hurricane Police on site while fire crews mopped up, leaving the scene by 12:30 p.m.

Firefighters with an engine from the Hurricane Fire District as well as the ladder truck from Washington City’s Coral Canyon fire station fought the fire and put it out within 10 minutes, Hurricane Battalion Chief Nick Wright said. 

Other than more than a dozen firefighters and their equipment on site, some hoses going into the front door and window of the home and a slight smell of smoke, there was little evidence of a fire from the outside.

“Damage was contained to just a bedroom and the room’s content,” Wright said. “There was light smoke damage in the rest of the house.”

Members of the family were home at the time, but no one was injured. One member of the family was alerted by the smell of smoke in the living room. 

“It’s still under investigation,” Wright said. “They had candles lit inside, but we don’t know for sure.”

Photo Gallery

Copyright St. George News, LLC, 2023, all rights reserved.